[OSGeo-Discuss] R: [Marketing] Proprietary GIS on our OSGeo website

Maria Antonia Brovelli maria.brovelli at polimi.it
Wed Sep 20 10:29:07 PDT 2017

Jody, I see very difficult  the existence of a  vast majority of GIS industry that has honestly not heard about open source yet.  Anyway I refuse the idea of "similar proprietary software" because our projects are much more than pieces of code. Behind our software there are communities and limiting our projects to pieces  of code is offensive and insulting for the volunteers behind them. We are more and diverse. This is the reason why there are not "similar proprietary software".
Thanks for removing the links.
Best
Maria

Inviato dal mio dispositivo Samsung