[OSGeo-Discuss] [Board] [Election 2017] Board Nominations

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 13:21:56 PDT 2017

A couple notes:

We recently revisited the board member manifestos when asking directors for
a status update on their own activities:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Face_to_Face_Meeting_Paris_2017#2._Director_Update

This makes for excellent background reading ahead of the nomination process.

While a couple hours a week is a starting point for a director, how much
time it actually takes depends on your leadership style and what needs to
be accomplished in a given year. One of the big things in a volunteer
organization (much like taking part in a project steering committee) is
filling in gaps either with inspiring our community, participating
yourself, or delegation. All of these leadership techniques, even
delegation, take time.

The questions asked of candidates
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2017_Candidate_Manifestos>:

   - About me
   - My vision
   - What you have done within the community in the past
   - What your interests are in terms of the board
   - Any things that you would like to change or introduce
   - What role you would wish to fulfil on the board (if any)

The board has a number of responsibilities in our organization; while the
last question touches on this aspect of being a director the "if any" does
indicate the full weight of responsibility.

--
Jody Garnett