[OSGeo-Discuss] Call for volunteers to join the GeoAmbassodor article team

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Sun Apr 1 05:53:36 PDT 2018

Thank you Dirk. It is all thanks to the amazing volunteer  work of our Editor and co-editors.

Thank you for your offer to help promote and find people to contribute content. That is very gratefully accepted. We need wide range of skillsets (esp. those who can promote and try to find people who can contribute to the content ) for this to reach wider . This has been a great instrument for helping us spread Openness in Geo ideas to the wider geocommunity (not only the OSGeo community). We can highlight the amazing work done in the OSGeo community to wider world as the newsletter is send out to all key geo mail lists. For example, just last week by coincidence talking to one of the colleagues I heard about OSGeo tools powering FAO's website. This is a great example of OSGeo community's contribution to Global Food Security (and even I didn't know about this!). So we need more proactive approach to share these good works.

Details at http://www.fao.org/geonetwork/srv/en/main.home

Please get in touch directly with Nikos (Chief Editor) .

Best wishes,

Suchith