[OSGeo-Discuss] Welcoming Seraphim Alvanides as new co-chair of the Geospatial IG and inviting all interested to join the Research Data Alliance

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Sat Apr 7 03:45:22 PDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

In the true spirit of openness after sending an open call in the community , I had the pleasure to inform the nomination of Dr Seraphim Alvanides as the new co-chair (replacing myself)  of the Geospatial IG [1] at the Geospatial IG meeting at RDA Berlin and it was accepted by all members present. So it is my great pleasure to welcome Seraphim as the new co-chair of our IG .Seraphim is an Associate Professor in Geographical Information Science, based at Northumbria University (Newcastle UK).  More details of him at [2]. I thank Serpahim for coming forward and I am sure he will bring new ideas for expanding this IG.

 The new leadership of the Geospatial IG will now be Peter Baumann<https://www.rd-alliance.org/users/pebau>, Andrea Perego<https://www.rd-alliance.org/users/andreaperego>, Chris Pettit<https://www.rd-alliance.org/users/cpettit> and Seraphim Alvanides.

I am very grateful for the opportunity to start this IG and build ideas with amazing colleagues globally. I thank all colleagues for their help, support and kindness provided to me during my time as chair of this IG.I will keep providing support as ordinary member and will do my best to keep working on Geospatial IG ideas.

If you are not yet joined the Research Data Alliance [3] , may I invite you to join and contribute your expertise.I request all colleagues to support our chairs so we can keep expanding  Geospatial Data Science ideas globally.

Best wishes,

Suchith

[1] <https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/geospatial-ig/post/geospatial-ig-champions-needed-taking-forward#comments> https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/geospatial-ig/post/geospatial-ig-champions-needed-taking-forward#comments

[2] <https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/our-staff/a/seraphim-alvanides> https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/our-staff/a/seraphim-alvanides

[3] https://www.rd-alliance.org/about-rda/who-rda.html
<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Seraphim_Alvanides>

attachment.