[OSGeo-Discuss] Creating a single map

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Mon Aug 6 03:03:35 PDT 2018

Hi Roz,

You might have more luck asking this question on the UK-specific OSGeo
discussion list (see our website at http://uk.osgeo.org/ where there's a
link to the mailing list). As the name suggests, it's focused on the UK,
and no doubt someone there will be able to help you with things like
Ordnance Survey (free) data products and methods you might use for
combining them so that you can remain in possession of all of your limbs
and organs.

Regards

Jo (chair of the UK OSGeo chapter)

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 5:28 PM, Roz Jones <rhjones19 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am currently research a Roman road in south-west England, linking Aquae
> Sulis (modern day Bath) and Poole.
>
> At the moment, the route covers about 5 Ordnance Survey Explorer maps.
> But I want to be able to view the route on a single map, of the same scale,
> 1:25 000
>
> I have looked at GIS software, but I can't get my head around it and I
> have enquired with the Ordnance Survey about creating one, and it would
> cost an arm, a leg and a few organs to produce.  Would anyone please help
> me in creating such a map.
>
> Thank you
>
> Roz
>
> My website/blog: http://rhjones19.wix.com/lifesapain?_
> ga=1.190150379.1392238553.1441730357

*Jo Cook*
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek
Please note that currently I do not work on Friday afternoons. For urgent
our office on 01372 744009

*
Reserve your conference place now:  *Bristol 26 Sept
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/astun-conference-bristol-tickets-46763717538>*
| *Leeds 3rd October
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/astun-conference-leeds-tickets-46763825862>

*
*
*Sign up to our mailing list
<https://astuntechnology.com/company/#email-updates> for updates on news,
products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd, The
Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744
009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/> twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise geographic
intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
GeoServer,
PostGIS and QGIS training <https://astuntechnology.com/services/#training>

Helpdesk and customer portal
<http://support.astuntechnology.com/support/login>

Company registration
no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales. Registered office: 120 Manor
Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no. 864201149.