[OSGeo-Discuss] Join us at the FOSS4G 2018 Community Sprint 1.-2.9.2018 dLAB Dar es Salaam

communitysprint at osgeo.org communitysprint at osgeo.org
Wed Aug 15 04:54:10 PDT 2018

Hello,

the FOSS4G Community Sprint [1] will be right after the global FOSS4G
conference [2] and has the aim to bring people together.

The Sprint takes place from Saturday till Sunday. September 1 to 2, 2018
in the Tansania Data Lab in Dar Es Salaam (dLAB, Tansania) [3] from 8AM
- 5PM.

It offers a great opportunity to meet other OSGeo member and get
involved and learn about other projects! Or you can get started with
OSGeo – learn about OSGeo structure, mailing lists, projects & local
chapters or maybe just get connected.

Our aim is also to bring together project members to make decisions and
tackle larger geospatial problems. We follow this tradition since 2009.

We expect about 100 community members from all over the world to come
from various OSGeo projects & also people from the OSM Community.
Whether desktop application, geospatial library, metadata catalog or web
mapping. The Community Sprint is an opportunity for developers and non
developers to meet with the core team of the projects, get a deeper
insight into the software and participate in development, testing or
documentation.

Everyone is welcome. You should not miss the event.

Please register soon (important for better planning) [4]

Thanks to our Sponsors dLab and OSGeo!

See you in a few days at FOSS4G 2018!

The FOSS4G Community Sprint Team

[1] Read more:
https://www.osgeo.org/events/foss4g-2018-community-sprint-2018/
[2] FOSS4G 2018 Dar es Salaam https://2018.foss4g.org/
[3] Tansania Data Lab in Dar Es Salaamhttps://dlab.or.tz/
[4] Register (important for better planning):
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2018_Community_Sprint

See you in Dar Es Salaam at the FOSS4G Community Sprint 2018
1. to 2. September 2018

https://www.osgeo.org/events/foss4g-2018-community-sprint-2018/