[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS for Application Schema development

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch
Mon Aug 20 07:47:26 PDT 2018

Dear Ben,

I have worked with Papyrus for nearly a decade. I developed DSMLs on it and Eclipse-integrated code generators using MOFM2T supported by Acceleo. It is a rather powerful tool, and quite deep, which I imagine is the reason why some folk do not fancy it.

I find it tragic to have what is supposed to be an open standard pretty much dependent on such an expensive tool as EA, when obvious FOSS alternatives exist.

I shall give a try to ShapeChange with a Papyrus generated XMI.

Regards.

--
Luís Moreira de Sousa
Bowlespark 8
Email: luis.de.sousa at protonmail.ch
RingID: ring:7ca91d83f4f9dec82fec9f1144b8e5c1ef2a110c

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.