[OSGeo-Discuss] GSoC 2018 Results!

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Aug 23 12:48:18 PDT 2018

Dear OSGeo community,

It is our pleasure to announce that 10 GSoC (Google Summer of Code)
students have successfully completed the program this year through
OSGeo! You can find out more about the completed projects at:
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5051492877205504/#projects
A total of 1,072 students from 59 countries completed the 2018 GSoC
program; see the final announcement at
https://opensource.googleblog.com/2018/08/thats-a-wrap-gsoc-2018.html

We would like to wholeheartedly thank all the OSGeo mentors who
dedicated their invaluable time and experience to this program, you are
the core of GSoC!  Thanks also to our students, we are sure you learnt a
lot and also had some fun, and we hope you decide to remain in the OSGeo
community becoming active developers and the future generation of GSoC
mentors!

If you participated this year as a student or as a mentor, please take
the time to leave us your feedback, as we try to improve the experience
each year. We created a page
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2018_Improvements
where you can leave your comments and suggestions, please feel free to
expand it, or to contact us directly to discuss your ideas.

We are also collecting your questions and topics that you would like us
to bring to the mentor summit (12-14 October, where Victoria Rautenbach,
Vaclav Petras, and Jeff McKenna will represent OSGeo at Google
headquarters).

That’s all for now! Stay tuned..

Your OSGeo-GSoC Admins