[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo web style guide

nicolas bozon nicolas.bozon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 23:10:46 PST 2018

Hi all,

Greetings from the FOSS4G-Asia code sprint in Colombo, Sri Lanka !

Taking advantage of this session to finally wrap up and publish a very
first version of the OSGeo style guide as HTML.

This is an entry point to our branding material, aimed at providing
guidelines in a more accessible way (only PDF is available for now).

A preview of the style guide is available here:
https://nbozon.github.io/OSGeo/styleguide/

Code is available here:
https://github.com/nbozon/osgeo/tree/OSGeo-styleguide/marketing/branding/styleguide

This is built on top of mdwiki <http://dynalon.github.io/mdwiki/#!index.md>,
using markdown as a simple structure, rendered with Javascript only.
As markdown styling capabilities are limited, you may notice that i had to
include quite a bit of inline HTML to make it work and meet the guidelines
(for proper use of fonts, colors, reponsive images...). A specific CSS file
was also written with love to make it as shiny as possible :)

This is a first version that needs your feedbacks and remarks to be
completed. I hope we as Marketing Committee can work together to review,
correct, enhance and make it live.
Please review and comment on the dedicated PR available here:
https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/pull/208

The initial idea (discussed earlier this year with Jeffrey and Jody) would
be to host this work on a subdomain such as https://brand.osgeo.org that
should become the entry point to all the material and guidelines we have on
Github. I would be happy to collaborate with Marketing and SAC to make this
happen.

Code sprint is coming to and end now, all ready for lunch !
This was an awesome FOSS4G-Asia event this week, and i would like to deeply
thank the Sri Lankan LOC again for the great work they did and perfect
organization they provided.

Best regards,

Nick