[OSGeo-Discuss] Data ingest

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Feb 11 12:41:24 PST 2018

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 2:38 PM, Robinson, Ethan B. <ebrobinson at mitre.org> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> New here, so if this is not the right place to ask, please let me know. I’ve
> been looking around, but want to cover my bases by asking. Does GDAL offer
> data ingest services for processing data from it’s source into it’s holding
> of some kind. If so, does it offer those services as batch or streaming
> processing, or both?

You can use for example GRASS GIS for processing data coming in as batch.
GRASS GIS itself uses GDAL for te data exchange.
We use it in our satellite data processing chain but it can process
any kind of geospatial data.
Furthermore, full time series processing is supported, see [1].

Best,
Markus

[1] https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Temporal_data_processing

--