[OSGeo-Discuss] ESA-NASA WebWorldWind

bradh at frogmouth.net bradh at frogmouth.net
Wed Feb 14 16:52:32 PST 2018

Patrick,

Please don’t misunderstand – I’m happy that NASA does great things with open source.

I did have a quick look at the difference on the GeoTools GeoPackage fork, and it looks like there are some useful fixes in GeoTools that WWSK doesn’t have, and some fixes in WWSK that GeoTools doesn’t have.

It’s up to those that write the code to decide whether to contribute back to upstream projects (with all that this entails – legal issues, workload, long term intent), and when. I think it would be great to get the fixes and improvements into the upstream projects. Clearly that can’t happen without Contributor License Agreements in place, but after that, you can propose improvements and PRs as for any other contributor (just like me).

Brad