[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2018 sponsorship

Hans Gregers Hedegaard Petersen gregers at septima.dk
Sun Feb 25 13:57:35 PST 2018

I did write that in a peculiar way didn’t I. :-)

My point was merely, that while one can take a negative stance on corp
sponsorship, it can also be seen as a positive kind of attention. The
perspective changes a lot depending on a closed or open mindset.

I personally find it a good thing, that corporations sponsor projects they
use, and have worked hard for them to do so. The system works imho because
some put in money, some put in time, and others put in a bit of both.
Without conference sponsors the tickets would be even more expensive (and
without the gift of time, many of our projects wouldn’t live a year).

Cheers,

Greg

søn. 25. feb. 2018 kl. 21.56 skrev Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com>:

> I am not sure we need the endorsement of others to be taken as serious -
> we are being taken serious because we are serious :)
>
> We are also fun, motivated, and out to win.
>
> But our “win” includes everyone :)
>

> --

*Hans Gregers Hedegaard Petersen*
Partner, Seniorkonsulent