[OSGeo-Discuss] Website 15th relaunch - members and local chapters

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 07:15:50 PST 2018

The OSGeo wiki has not been integrated with the "single sign on" OSGeo
userid used for other OSGeo web services (I do not really know why).

The page I linked to (https://staging.www.osgeo.org/osgeo_userid) had
information on how to set up one of these accounts, it is the same one used
for the trac issue tracker, svn, git and so forth ...

When creating an OSGeo userid with that form you have to wait for a system
admin committee member to review your application (conform you are a person
and active in our community since we get a lot of spammers) and to email
you magic "mantra" to fill in when setting up your account for the first
time.

I am not sure how getting access to the OSGeo wiki works, but all these
students have been doing it so I hope it is automated.

--
Jody Garnett