[OSGeo-Discuss] Website 15th relaunch - members and local chapters

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 07:19:33 PST 2018

It is not required to be a legal body to be an official local chapter,
perhaps we can start a new email thread to go over the
http://www.osgeo.org/content/chapters/guidelines.html ? That page on
chapter formation asks only what form the local chapter takes (and
unincorporated is a legal form).

That form also has room for "community groups", please add the non-official
Hungarian local chapter that way and see if it works.

In my area of North America we join local GIS groups and add open source to
them, so there has been less interest in making local chapters.

--
Jody Garnett