[OSGeo-Discuss] [Geo4All] Can anyone please update on OSGeo interactions with GEO?

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jan 23 05:14:49 PST 2018

Dear Gilberto,

Thank you for the information. I also think it will be good to have formal relationship between OSGeo and GEO. I will email the OSGeo Board and discuss ideas on how we can plan to move forward on this.

I fully agree with your assessment on data access problems . Within OSGeo, I am trying to reactivate the Public Geospatial Data Committee [1]to bring key like minded colleagues to start planning actions forward for this. In fact, this is the reason we need to work synergies with wider initiatives for maximum global impact.

I am looking forward with working with you on expanding ideas and actions.

Best wishes,

Suchith

[1] https://www.osgeo.org/about/committees/public-geospatial-data-committee/