[OSGeo-Discuss] GeoForAll Iberoamérica continues to grow
Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Jul 11 06:55:33 PDT 2018
Thank you for this excellent updates and information. Just to inform that I understand the "adding new labs" functionality for the new GeoForAll website should be available soon (myself and Peter Mooney had telemeeting with GetInteractive who are working on this earlier this week). Once it is ready, I will inform and then please ask the members to add the new labs details through the form and it should display in the map etc.
Great to see the student competition and webinars details.
From: Discuss <discuss-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA <sergio.acostaylara at mtop.gub.uy>
Sent: 11 July 2018 14:40
To: discuss at lists.osgeo.org; geoforall at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [OSGeo-Discuss] GeoForAll Iberoamérica continues to grow
Hi all. GeoForAll Iberoamérica (G4A-Ib) continues to grow:
* we have 15 members from 8 different countries right now in the wiki (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll_Iberoam%C3%A9rica ) and others to be added shortly (still information missing)
* we are arranging future collaborations with other initiatives (GBIF, EO4GEO)
* we welcome collaboration with other Regional/Thematic groups from GeoForAll
* we are organizing our first students' competition with OSGeo's support (see -in Spanish- https://siglibreuruguay.wordpress.com/2018/06/14/premio-geoforall-iberoamerica-y-osgeo/)
* we have done a series of webinars (for example: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtoCaX0XUK-7VmHiaVkBri480immm5jBS) and we plan to do more in the future
* we are part of the Editorial Board of the GeoForAll newsletter making possible to have it translated to Spanish
If you want to join us you can do it through our mailing list: https://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geoforall-iberoamerica, or writing to us in this global one. We encourage you to share your ideas and opinions.
Have a nice day,
Sergio Acosta y Lara
Departamento de Geomática
Dirección Nacional de Topografía
Ministerio de Transporte y Obras Públicas
(598)29157933 ints. 20329/20330
This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee
and may contain confidential information. If you have received this
message in error, please contact the sender and delete the email and
Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not
necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham. Email
communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored
where permitted by law.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Discuss