[OSGeo-Discuss] How to retire membership status?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 13:01:09 PDT 2018

Sara,

+1 to Jeff and Maxi's words of personal support.

We are an effective community when people feel welcomed and participate.
This doesn't happen when people leave, either silently (as is usually
the case), or publicly as you have suggested here. We should be able to
hear people's opinions and respect their right to say them. We should do
our best to ensure opinions are stated respectfully, and encourage
forgiveness when we slip up and get a bit passionate.

(We say as much in our Code of Conduct).
https://www.osgeo.org/code_of_conduct/

Warm regards, Cameron