[OSGeo-Discuss] How to retire membership status?

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Fri Jun 22 02:03:33 PDT 2018

I think this email, cited by Sara Safavi, from Marc Vloemans [1] is just
unbelievable and thus unacceptable to this community.

I demand a public apology by Marc Vloemans for his accusations against
Sara Safavi and the OSGeo organisation and community. Furthermore, I
demand the OSGeo board to force LocationTech to publish the finacial
records as a matter of course. I also suggest to discontinue any
relationships with LocationTech if there is no public apology for this
incident.

If we (OSGeo) fail to make it at clear as possible, that mafia-like
behavior of silencing very valid requests about holding a promise for
transparency (i.e. a core value of our community), is unacceptable and
thus will not be accepted by any means. Otherwise THIS will become very
toxic for OSGeo indeed.

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2018-June/004774.html