[OSGeo-Discuss] What Open Government can learn from us Open Source folks

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 13:27:20 PST 2018

Folks,

Thanks to those of you who have reviewed the response to the proposed
Open Government National Action Plan. And I know a number of you are
planning to add more feedback this week. (In a nutshell: The response
explains Open Government needs to learn how to collaborate as
effectively as Open Source communities, and what government needs to
change to make this happen).

OSIA folks and Linux Australia Council, I'm formally requesting that
this letter be presented jointly by Open Source Industry Australia
(OSIA) and Linux Australia. What is involved in getting this permission?

A status update:

* The Linux Journal has offered to publish a piece on this. I'll be
reaching out to other publications in the next couple of weeks to invite
them to publish too. (Suggestions of publications welcomed).

* I've incorporated most changes suggested so far. I've had a couple of
people suggest a better introduction / exec summary - which I'll be
working on.

* I'm hoping to collate all preliminary feedback within the next 2 weeks
(by ~ 16 March).

* Deadline for delivery of our response is 30 March.

Document is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jNdh4_A_cIpaHqLRFOgpvAY3JSo0Ueraam39UHFOGHs/edit#

Warm regards, Cameron

--