[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo sponsorship opportunities for 2018

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 10:06:44 PST 2018

If your organization fincially contributes to an OSGeo event, community or
project you qualify to be cross listed as OSGeo sponsor.

Welcome to an exciting year of community building at OSGeo! Many of our
activities are only possible thanks to the support of our volunteers and
sponsors. If you are in position to finacially support our community,
events and activities in 2018 we would love to hear from you.

OSGeo sponsorship recognizes organizations that support us financially at
each level of our community from grass roots local chapter advocacy, hands
on project sprints, industry focused foundation initiatives, to outreach at
FOSS4G events.

OSGeo initiatives:

   - The conference committee
   <https://www.osgeo.org/about/committees/conference-committee/> heads up
   a travel grant program offering financial assistence to help attend OSGeo
   events.
   - UN Committee <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/UnitedNations_Committee> is
   spearheading a series of capacity building exercises supporting open source
   adoption through improvements to documentation. This initative encourages
   young innovators, selecting from competing bids to directly support open
   source.

Event sponsorship opportunities:

   - FOSS4GUK <http://uk.osgeo.org/foss4guk2018/> – OSGeo:UK hosting March
   8-10
   - OSGeo Code Sprint 2018
   <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Code_Sprint_2018> Annual Code Sprint
   comes to Bonn (Germany) March 18-25
   - FOSS4GNA <https://2018.foss4g-na.org/> – opportunity to learn,
   explore, share, and collaborate on the latest foss4g ideas and information
   May 14-16.
   - FOSS4G-Europe 2018 <https://foss4g-europe.osgeopt.pt/> – FOSS4G
   Europe, July 16-21, Portugal.
   - FOSS4G <http://2018.foss4g.org/> – our celebrated annual event August
   27 – September 2.
   - Free and Open Source Geographic Information Technologies and Open Data
   Conference – Comunidad gvSIG Uruguay/GeoForAll Iberoamerica hosting October
   18-19
   - FOSS4G Asia 2018 <http://www.foss4g-asia.org/2018/> – open source
   transformation for sustainable development Dec 2-5
   - Additional regional and project events will be announced throughout
   the year, keep your eye open for a chance to assist either financially or
   in person.

Project sponsorship opportunities:

   - gvSIG Association <http://www.gvsig.com/en/web/guest/contribution>
   supporting the OSGeo gvSig Desktop application
   - QGIS.ORG supporting the OSGeo QGIS Desktop application
   - zoo-project <http://www.zoo-project.org/new/Get%20involved/Sponsorship>
   - GRASS GIS <https://grass.osgeo.org/donations/>
   - In addition to those listed above we accepts sponsorship and PayPal
   donations for all our OSGeo projects and Community projects making funds
   available to their respective project teams.

Local chapters accepting sponsorship:

   - OSGeo:UK <http://uk.osgeo.org/>
   - OSGeo:JP <https://www.osgeo.jp/sponsor>
   - Check with the local chapter <https://www.osgeo.org/local-chapters/>
   near you for more information.

OSGeo sponsorship benefits range from website placement, inclusion in
promotional material, to events and press releases. For additional
information, examples and available discounts, please see our sponsorship
page <https://www.osgeo.org/about/how-to-become-a-sponsor/> (or contact
treasurer at osgeo.org with your questions).