[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2018 Dar es Salaam Update!!

Mark Iliffe markiliffe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 01:30:00 PDT 2018

Hello All!!

It’s been a hectic week for the DLOC - our inboxes have been full to bursting with submissions for FOSS4G in Dar es Salaam. I’d like to say thank you to all of you that have submitted. We’re now moving through to the community voting stages with a final programme being published very soon.

We’ve had over 220+ main track talks, 60+ academic papers, 90+ workshop proposals. This complements the curated tracks within our urban and humanitarian tracks. My academic committee has reviewed the academic proposals and have invited full papers and posters from the authors. In the main and workshop tracks, we now move through to the community voting process. This will be an exciting programme and will offer the very best that our community has to offer, from the latest advances in OSGeo technologies but also for our users and help develop and exchange knowledge of the OSGeo frontier!

While we’re working on pulling together the community voting process, we know that many of you can get FOMO - especially if you missed the deadline… so if you have that burning need to submit a talk, we’ll still receive them!

Best,

The FOSS4G 2018 DLOC
Dar es Salaam Local Organising Committee