[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G Dar es Salaam Update

Mark Iliffe markiliffe at gmail.com
Tue May 1 08:48:56 PDT 2018

Fellow FOSS4Gers!

Things are getting hotter in Dar es Salaam!! The DLOC is in the process of
finalising the program, after receiving over 10,000 votes in the community
voting, the program will be out very soon - our thanks to Paul Ramsey who
helped with the running of the program.

We received 157 applications to the Travel Grant Program, the DLOC, under
the kind guidance of the Travel Grant Program committee, will be making
awards in the coming weeks. But thank you to all that have applied, the
range of applications and desire to attend FOSS4G this year is very warming.

In terms of challenges, we are working with our payment integrator,
Pesapal, to help with those that have struggled with making payments to
FOSS4G this year. Part of this is due to us being based in East Africa and
not all banks allow internet payments to Africa - this is due to your bank.
This is complicated with Paypal and other common forms of payment not being
available to us in Tanzania.

This shouldn't stop you from buying your tickets to FOSS4G - but if there
are issues, please get in touch with the DLOC or me. You can find out more
information on FOSS4G in Dar es Salaam on our website http://2018.foss4g.org
.

Karibu sana!!

Mark