[OSGeo-Discuss] I figured out how to archive pages on the wiki

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun May 6 23:17:02 PDT 2018

One of the challenges of moving website content to the wiki is the amount
of historic, out of date, or draft material present on our wiki. We do not
really want to delete it, and we do not really want it around distracting
and misleading newcomers.

I think I have a solution:

1. Created an archived page here: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Archived
2. Add a redirect on any page that is from an inactive or historic
committee, procedure or practice that has been superseded, or drafts and
proposals that were not enacted.

#REDIRECT Archived

Visitors with an "old" link are taken to the Archived page, but the
redirect is shown at the top of the page incase they want to visit the
"archived" content.

I am kind of impressed it works - here are some examples to try:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Spotlights
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Drupal_Portal
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Service_Provider_Directory
--