[OSGeo-Discuss] Advocacy for Advocates

Nicolas Roelandt roelandtn.pro at gmail.com
Sun May 27 22:42:34 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

Last month, I was able to attend the Ubuntu Convention (UbunCon) Europe in
Gijon (Spain).

There was a lot of very good quality presentation and one catch my
attention. This one was made by Nathan Haines about Advocacy for Advocates
<https://people.ubuntu.com/~nhaines/documents/events/2018/ubucon-europe/Advocacy%20for%20Advocates.odp>
.

It is very simple, a few strong word concepts on how to advocate on FOSS. I
think it can be interesting for community. Because it is addressing some
issues we have, comfort us in some good things we do and it might enlight
some things we missed.

Nathan was kind enough to give access to his presentation (with notes in
the .odp one) [1], so if you can take 5 minutes to read it, please do.

Cheers from France,

Nicolas Roelandt
OSGeo Charter Member
OSGeoLive PSC member