[OSGeo-Discuss] Letter form to Schools, Universities and Institutions against free(as beer) licenced SW

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Nov 2 02:37:31 PDT 2018

Hi Luigi ,

Thank you for your email on this important topic. Please feel free to make use of any background materials from the  open letter that I send in November 2017 to RGS (UK) requesting to support open principles in Geoeducation and include Open principles in the Geography Ambassador Program .

Details at http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geoforall/2017-November/004296.html

I also send an open letter in June 2015 to AAG  to include Open Education principles and FOSS4G tools firmly in the ConnnectED concept to support the  Advanced Placement course in Geographic Information Science and Technology (GIS&T)

Details at https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/ica-osgeo-labs/2015-June/001742.html

It is important to make use of free and open source tools also in geoeducation, so there is no proprietary vendor lock in and students from economically poor communities worldwide can also benefit from entrepreneurship and innovation opportunities in GIS.

I am happy to volunteer any help that you need for this.

Best wishes,

Suchith