[OSGeo-Discuss] okay foss4g time to move off of Flickr

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 08:09:56 PST 2018

I wonder if we can do so as an organization, our model for photos was to
ask individuals to upload and add to the group.

If we paid (no problem with that) we would need to share the credentials.
Or sort out if we could copy photos into our professional account.

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 6:00 AM Manuel Grizonnet <manuel.grizonnet at cnes.fr>
wrote:

> if hosting the service ourselves is not an option there is also the
> solution for OSGeo to pay 4.17$/month to Flickr to have unlimited storage:
>
> https://www.flickr.com/account/upgrade/pro
>
> Le 02/11/2018 à 23:56, Jody Garnett a écrit :
>
> I figured out what makes me sad about this ... many of the pictures in our
> foss4g group are not marked creative commons so we are gong to have to let
> them go...
> --
> Jody Garnett
>

> On Fri, 2 Nov 2018 at 16:31, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Flickr announced a 1000 picture cap (
>> https://blog.flickr.net/en/2018/11/01/changing-flickr-free-accounts-1000-photos/)
>> so we may need to rescue some of our early foss4g pictures.
>>
>> Any good recommendations?
>> --
>> Jody Garnett

Jody Garnett