[OSGeo-Discuss] [Election 2018] Board Nominations

Vasile Craciunescu vasile at geo-spatial.org
Sun Nov 11 13:32:56 PST 2018

Dear all,

With roughly two hours before the board nomination deadline, we have
only 4 nominations for 4 seats. From what I know, this is without
precedent in our history. As CRO, I cannot comment on the apparent low
interest for the most important decision structure in OSGeo. However, I
know that it's in the best interest of our community to have a real
competition for the board of directors. That's why I propose to extend
the nomination deadline with one more week. I'm confident that this
extra time will help OSGeo to grow the already strong candidate list for
our board.

Best,
Vasile