[OSGeo-Discuss] Hall of Fame

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 13:28:46 PST 2018

We almost have a Hall of Fame in place already, crossing from the
present into the past, with what used to be our OSGeo Advocate List:

This is what it used to look like:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150302070905/https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Advocate#Advocates

Before one of the website upgrades, it used to be available at:

On 15/11/18 1:53 am, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> This is an excellent idea.
> Our history is part of who we are.
>
> Best,
> Angelos
>
> On 11/14/18 9:20 AM, MarĂ­a Arias de Reyna wrote:
>> Dear community,
>>
>> Due to the recent passing of another of our members, I really think we
>> should start some kind of Hall of Fame with people who contribute to OSGeo.
>> As someone who hasn't been here from the beginning, I would like to have
>> some kind of (virtual) museum-like place where I can learn about our
>> history. Sometimes I hear names of people all the "old" members remember
>> but as they are no longer with us (sometimes just because they retired,
>> sometimes because they passed away) and I only get pieces of who they were
>> and what they did. I am very fond of conserving history, I think it is very
>> important to learn where we come from to understand where we are now.
>>
>> What do you think? Would there be volunteers to fill data if we setup
>> something like this on the website? We need senior members here filling the
>> gaps.

> Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
> Charter Member
> Open Source Geospatial Foundation