[OSGeo-Discuss] Elections 2018

Vasile Craciunescu vasile at geo-spatial.org
Fri Sep 21 05:26:55 PDT 2018

Dear all,

This year OSGeo elections [1] will start on Monday (September 24) with
the nomination period for new Charter Members. The nomination period
will be open for the next two weeks. Candidate review will follow. This
year, the review will be done through our electronic voting system and
*not* via email, as we got so many complains last year because of the
amount of traffic on discuss mailing list. You can read about the
changes on the amended Membership Process wiki page [2].

As I'm not standing for board reelection, I volunteer to do the CRO [3]
role one more time. OSGeo board approved this during the Dar es Salaam
face to face meeting [4]. Any volunteers that are willing to do this job
next year are welcome to contact me, work together for this elections,
to make the 2019 transition smooth.

Best,
Vasile (2018 CRO)

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2018