[OSGeo-Discuss] [OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G TGP experiences

MarĂ­a Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 00:51:09 PDT 2018

Thanks Steven,

It is very important to understand *why* TGP is important. Why we do
what we do. It is not charity. It is not throwing money to feel
better. It is not spending money for washing bad behavior.*

The intent is to grow and improve our community with more and more
people that, otherwise, will not be able to attend. It is enriching
our community with active people.

If only a fifth of this year's TGP participants continue working on
OSGeo and grow the community on their area in the following years, I
would be really happy and I would feel it was a good investment.

* I haven't seen this feeling in our community, but I have seen this
"colonial" thinking on other communities and it made me feel really
disgusted. So I wanted to patch before seeing the wound, just in case
:)