[OSGeo-Discuss] [OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2020 - Halifax site causing confusion

Ian Turton ijturton at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 04:00:37 PST 2019

It seems that in the short term the best thing to do is for all of us to
link to the official site and make sure that Google notices this - I've
updated the link on gis.stackexchange accordingly. May be some
converted tweeting and blog posting will help sway the algorithm.

Ian

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 22:14, Jonathan Neufeld <jneufeld at tecterra.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I apologize for sending this through the Conference_Dev list, however I’ve
> been trying to reach Jeff McKenna for the past month with no success. If I
> am out of line here, please let me know.
>

> Jeff - I’m following up again on my request to take down your Halifax
> FOSS4G site at https://foss4g.ca/.
>

> As I have previously mentioned, the Halifax site is causing confusion with
> some members of the community.
>

> In the spirit of open collaboration and building towards a successful
> event, we are *requesting that you take down the site for Halifax 2020
> which is making a false claim of hosting FOSS4G 2020 and sowing confusion
> amongst potential participants.*
>

> Regards,
>
> Jon
>

> JONATHAN NEUFELD