[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Budget 2020

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 11:38:49 PST 2019

Dear OSGeo project members and committees,

Over the previous years, OSGeo has been proud to support a growing
number of project events, such as code sprints, developer meetings, and
user conferences.

OSGeo is reaching out to all committees, including project steering
committees, to help plan our budget for 2020.

As in last year, the board is discussing about assigning a starting
budget of 2000$ to all graduated projects who have reported to the board
the last 12 months (e.g. during the AGM or directly to a board meeting).

For projects with more of a plan (to pursue a specific goal) projects
are welcome to send a more detailed request for approval (see detailed
budget requests from 2019 e.g.
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GvSIG_Budget_2019)

A good idea is to focus on OSGeo participation, for example attending
the AGM or OSGeo code sprint. Also keep in mind OSGeo goals as an
organization, (e.g. interoperability goal: CITE compliance or
participation developing new standards)

We would like to ask you to help us with budget proposals to assist your
project. This will help us set aside a realistic amount of funding.

Please add your project info to the budget draft at:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2020

ideally by Dec 30 ahead of our next board meeting.

When making a budget request please keep in mind the vision and goals of
our foundation, along with any obligations you wish to meet.

Thank you.

On behalf of the OSGeo Board,

Angelos

--