[OSGeo-Discuss] Bezitopo 0.1.5 released

Pierre Abbat phma at bezitopo.org
Wed Dec 25 10:13:39 PST 2019

Bezitopo consists of several programs:
* Bezitest is the test program.
* Bezitopo is a command-line program, which I use mainly to check closure and
to convert pointlists from PENZD to PNEZD. Eventually it will be renamed
bezitopo-cli and what is now ViewTIN will take over.
* Clotilde computes approximations to Euler spiralarcs.
* Convertgeoid converts geoid files from one format to another, resamples
them, and makes excerpts of them.
* Pangeoid does nothing yet. It's going to be a GUI version of Convertgeoid.
* SiteCheck reads a TIN file and is supposed to let you walk around with a GPS
system and check it for accuracy, but I have no interface to a system yet.
* Transmer computes coefficients for transverse Mercator projections.
* ViewTIN reads a list of points, breaklines, and criteria for including or
excluding points, makes a TIN, and draws contours. Once it can also draw line
segments and has the drawing object list and layers working, I'll rename it to
Bezitopo. It's intended to be a CAD program for land surveying (as distinct
from a general-purpose CAD program with surveying tacked on), but it isn't
there yet.

You can download it from http://bezitopo.org/bezitopo-0.1.5.html . If you'd
like to contribute, please see http://bezitopo.org/developers.html and join
the mailing list. You don't have to be a coder. Some tasks you could do are:
* Draw the three foot icons (PerfectTIN needs them too)
* Translate strings
* Enter map projections (SPC and whatever is used in other countries)
* Find samples and specifications of geoid file formats
* Find information about the offsets of ellipsoids.

Pierre
--
Por H o por B, los campos magnéticos se difieren dentro de un imán.