[OSGeo-Discuss] Reminder GSoC 2019 - Call for ideas and mentors

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 23:58:07 PST 2019

Dear OSGeo Community,

this is a gentle reminder to our call for GSoC 2019 mentors and ideas.

If you want to mentor [1], fill in this form:

 https://goo.gl/forms/njL27YLWBVensZ3m1

To complete OSGeo’s GSoC application 2019, we need an ideas list. If you
want to participate proposing ideas, you need to send us (admins:
<gsoc-admin at osgeo.org>) the URL for your project's ideas list. Last
years’ ideas [2] are always a good starting point to prepare the new list
for 2019 [3].

Each project on the Ideas list should include:

a) a project title/description
b) more detailed description of the project (2-5 sentences)
c) expected outcomes
d) skills required/preferred
e) 2 possible mentors.
f) if possible, an easy, medium or hard rating of each project.
g) A test for the students to submit to your evaluation. The test aims at
evaluating if the student is capable for the project, so please design it
having in mind the skills required to complete the project.

For any questions, just ping us admins by  <gsoc-admin at osgeo.org>

Time is short, we need to collect all URLs by Feb 4. After that date,
Google's admins will start evaluating the organizations based on the
submitted ideas pages and decide which orgs will be accepted for this
edition.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Kind regards
OSGeo GSoC admins