[OSGeo-Discuss] GSOC #2019

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Mar 25 10:02:49 PDT 2019

Shashibhushan Singh

>Sir ..where should i go for proposal ....

have a look at https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2019-March/038298.html

--------------------------
Some important points [2] how to increase your chances of being selected:

* Be proactive
* Discuss your idea in public channels
* Demonstrate your skills
* Demonstrate your intention to stay

As a general remark, we know that late submissions are not our best shot, as we usually find them incomplete, so be aware that the sooner you submit your proposals, the better chances you have to adjust them to mentors' requirements, and in the end, better chances to be selected.

Remember that GSoC is a highly competitive program, we prioritize quality over quantity, this means that we only accept excellent proposals. Submitting a sloppy proposal it's just a useless waste of time for you and for mentors.

A proposal template can be downloaded from github [3].

your
OSGeo GSoC admins

[1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works/#timeline
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_Recommendations_for_Students
[3] https://github.com/OSGeo/gsoc/blob/master/proposal_template.md

follow the link to the students recommendations, then study the ideas list (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2019_Ideas), choose a projected you're interested in and join the project's community to discuss your ideas.

a proposal template can be found at https://github.com/OSGeo/gsoc/blob/master/proposal_template.md

kind regards
Helmut (on behalf of OSGeo GSoC admins)