[OSGeo-Discuss] [Geo4All] 2019 OSGeo UN Committee Educational Challenge

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun May 19 15:49:40 PDT 2019

Maria,  Ivana, Oliva, Paulo, Serena, Obukov,
This initiative you have announced looks great. The goals and timeframe
align very closely with what we will be doing with OSGeo's involvement in
Google Season of Docs [1]. It would be great if you could help shape our
agenda by contributing to our conversation [2] and help ensure that we
focus on initiatives that complement and dovetail with yours.
[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Season_of_Docs_Ideas_2019

On Sun, 19 May 2019 at 02:34, Maria Antonia Brovelli <
maria.brovelli at polimi.it> wrote:

> Dear All
> it is the time for a new exciting OSGeo UN Challenge.
>
> Proposals are invited for developing open geospatial educational material
> for two challenges:
>
> Challenge 1: PostGIS training material update
> Challenge 2: Open geospatial data and software for UN SDG 16, Peace
> justice and strong institutions
>
> Prize money of USD 3,000 for each challenge is sponsored by OSGeo.
>
> Deadline for submission is 9 July 2019 (with no extension).
>
> Information is available here:
>

> https://www.osgeo.org/foundation-news/2019-osgeo-un-committee-educational-challenge/
>
> Happy weekend!
> Maria and Serena

> *Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli*
> Professor of GIS and Digital Mapping
> Politecnico di Milano
>
> P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)
>
> https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3161-556

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254