[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G2019 - list of all contributions accepted

Codrina Maria Ilie codrina at geo-spatial.org
Wed May 29 16:59:36 PDT 2019

Dear all,

The moment you’ve been all waiting and anticipating is finally here! Who
will you listen to at FOSS4G2019 Bucharest? Who will dazzle you with a
brand new concept and who will teach you how to do business with open
source? What about understanding how this diverse community even
functions? And what state of the art workshops will you attend? Until
now, you could only guess, but that time is over!

With great joy we share with you the list of all the awesome submissions
the Program Committee [1], the Workshop Committee[2] and the Academic
Committee[3] have selected to build the perfect FOSS4G 2019 conference!
And what a challenge the selection was! We were keen in having all OSGeo
projects present, the geographical and gender based diversity of our
community represented and also keep a fair amount of
talks/person/company. And, we have a little surprise for you. FOSS4G
Labs are back! As we have received an impressive number of workshops, as
much as we had to refuse 50% of submissions, the BLOC tried and
succeeded in securing space for running 9 labs during the conference.
Here is the hands-on quick dive into various FOSS topics [4]. We hope
you will be pleased with our FOSS4G2019 program work.

All the general track and workshops contributors with accepted
submissions are kindly asked to quickly use their pretalx account (the
one used to submit the proposal(s)) to confirm their participation to
FOSS4G2019, so we can build the conference detailed program as swiftly
as possible.

All the general track and workshops contributors with accepted
submissions are kindly asked to quickly use their pretalx account (the
one used to submit the proposal(s)) to confirm their participation to
FOSS4G2019, so we can build the conference detailed program as swiftly
as possible.

As we very well understand the important combination between the
conference program and EarlyBird registration, we will extend the
EarlyBird registration until 10th of June 24:00 UTC!

Workshops will be available for your choosing when you register in about
1 – 2 days. As, sadly, we don’t have a mechanism of adding workshops to
already made registrations, participants will have to make a new
registration selecting only the workshops.

FOSS4G2019 Bucharest is just 88 days away. Secure your seat [5] to the
biggest and most animated geospatial event of 2019!

We would like to end by offering the Bucharest Local Organizing
Committee official apologies to all contributors of FOSS4G2019 for the
hiccups in the announcement emailing system. We deeply hope the
situation did not cause any major inconvenience to anyone.

Warm regards,
Codrina Ilie,
FOSS4G2019 Program Chair

[1] https://2019.foss4g.org/schedule/general-track/