[OSGeo-Discuss] Open Science

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Nov 15 01:04:12 PST 2019

The following initiatives might be of interest to some.

The report on Reproducibility and Replicability in Science (2019) by National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine provides recommendations to researchers, academic institutions, journals, and funders on steps they can take to improve reproducibility and replicability in science. Details at  http://sites.nationalacademies.org/sites/reproducibility-in-science/index.htm

Open Science policy of the European Commission is also important. Details at

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/open-science

It builds upon the 2016 report on Open innovation, open science, open to the world - a vision for Europe

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/news/open-innovation-open-science-open-world-vision-europe

If there are  other Open Science related developments, please share them with me so I can learn more . Thanks.

Best wishes,

Suchith