[OSGeo-Discuss] Announcement: Call for Location global FOSS4G 2021

Till Adams till.adams at fossgis.de
Thu Sep 5 23:32:50 PDT 2019

Dear Community,

just passed and survived the last FOSS4G in Bucharest, the community is
looking forward for the next global FOSS4G conferences. We, OSGeo's
Conference Committee, are happy to announce the call for location for the

"Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial Conference 2021"

to be held in "other regions". Precisely this means that the conference
can be anywhere on the world, except Europe and North America. Only in
case that we do not receive any appropriate bid from these parts of the
world, we will consider to accept bids from Europe or North America.

Summer holidays are over, no reason not to start your work, grab some
people together, build a team, have fun and work out your bid! 2021 is
right around the corner and be proud to get all the FOSS4G folks to your
country, to your city, to your pub and introduce them to your local
environment!

Please find all details on [1] and more background information on [2].
In case that you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask the
conference committee or your barkeeper ;-)!

Have fun!

Till, on behalf of OSGeo's Conference committee

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2021_Bid_Process

[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee