[OSGeo-Discuss] How big is OSGeo?

Jorge Sanz xurxosanz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 10:43:16 PDT 2019

Just for comparison as I happen to maintain three meetups for groups in
Spain (kind of microchapters called Geoinquietos[1]), mailing list versus
meetup is as follows:

* Valencia: list 71; meetup: 729; telegram: 36
* Seville: list 80; meetup: 899; whatsapp: 16
* Madrid: list: 157; 887; telegram; 61

Still, for me the absolute numbers are not that meaningful. Over the years
we have seen a clear migration of the conversation from mailing lists to
othe channels: stackoverflow, social media networks, meet up networks, chat
rooms and such.

Telegram, for example, is actually where these days most of the Spanish
language OSGeo, Geoinquietos, and OSM conversations happen.

Cheers!

[1] http://geoinquietos.org/

Jorge Sanz
http://twitter.com/xurxosanz