[OSGeo-Discuss] Inviting ideas for expanding joint research between UK and Canada Universities in Global Food Security

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Sat Sep 28 05:39:00 PDT 2019

Dear colleague,

On 24th September 2019, The Global Open Data for Agriculture and Nutrition (GODAN) headquarters has moved from the Centre for Agriculture and Bioscience International in Oxfordshire, UK [1] to McGill University in Montreal, Canada . Details at

https://www.godan.info/news/godan-moves-headquarters-montreal-canada

I am keen that we keep strong research links with key UK universities for future research. As a first step, I would like to look into UK-Canada Globalink Doctoral Exchange Scheme to explore if we can use this opportunity to build joint research and publications with key UK universities.

UK-Canada Globalink Doctoral Exchange Scheme  is a new and exciting opportunity for UKRI and Canadian doctoral students to participate in a UK-Canada research exchange scheme. Supported by UKRI and Mitacs, up to 200 UK doctoral candidates will have the opportunity to develop into global citizens, with international competencies, during 12-week research placements in Canadian universities; a similar number of Canadian students will visit UK universities. UKRI has partnered with Mitacs, a national, not-for-profit organization that has designed and delivered research and training programs in Canada for 20 years, to deliver the £2.5 million programme.More details at https://www.ukri.org/research/international/international-funding-opportunities/uk-canada-globalink-doctoral-exchange-scheme/

For identifying the top three research centres in UK doing research in Global Food Security, that GODAN can work together for future joint publications and research as well as apply for joint bids, I would like to invite colleagues in UK universities who are leading research centres to send EoIs to me [Email - Suchith.Anand at godan.info<mailto:Suchith.Anand at godan.info> ] by 30th Sep 2019 with details of their expertise in Global Food Security topics. We are interested in all research topics covering Global Food Security (from Satellites to genomes). I am specifically interested to work  in joint research and publications in AgriGIS, open geospatial science topics [2] and welcome ideas.

Looking forward to hear from you and work with you in joint research and publications.

Best wishes,

Suchith

Dr. Suchith Anand

Chief Scientist

Global Open Data for Agriculture and Nutrition

https://www.godan.info<https://www.godan.info/>

[1] https://www.cabi.org

[2] https://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/s40965-017-0034-3

attachment.