[OSGeo-Discuss] Can someone test a program with point clouds?

Rajat Shinde rajatshinde2303 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 03:11:24 PDT 2020

-- Resending it again with reduced size, please ignore if received twice. --

Thanks for the detailed instructions.
Initially, I tried with a huge point cloud scene but it was getting
difficult to visualize so then I sampled a small subset out of it. The
subset is having a valley sort of and hence it was expected to produce
steep triangles. All the experimental results are in the attached zip file.
The experiments were done for Release 0.3.3
<https://github.com/phma/perfecttin/releases/tag/0.3.3>, 0.3.6
<https://github.com/phma/perfecttin/releases/tag/0.3.6> and 0.4.0rc1
(master).

As mentioned, the spikes are visible in 0.3.3 but it gets pretty smooth and
smaller in 0.3.6 and 0.4.0rc1. Please check it. I have also added some
screenshots for visual comparison.

Not sure about the attachment size on the mailing list, so the results can
also be accessed here
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1D9fAAooisQCO5BH_Ir12pyLe84Cqmy0z?usp=sharing>
.

I hope of not missing out on anything. Please let me know if I did.
I would love to see Dr Steer's reply; he is really point cloud heavy and I
have been following his articles lately. :)

Kind regards,
Rajat