[OSGeo-Discuss] Can someone test a program with point clouds?

Pierre Abbat phma at bezitopo.org
Sun Apr 19 01:08:25 PDT 2020

The point cloud has only 44367 dots. The cloud I use for quick tests (and
which did produce spikes, because some cars were cut out of it) is 250024
dots. Others I've worked with have 13 million dots or hundreds of millions.

I opened the .ptin file from 0.4.0rc1 with SiteCheck. It looks like rough
terrain with nowhere near enough dots to define it within a decimeter. Or maybe
there are lots of trees in the point cloud.

You may want to run the program on the whole point cloud with looser
tolerance.

Pierre

--
I believe in Yellow when I'm in Sweden and in Black when I'm in Wales.