[OSGeo-Discuss] GeoChiapas

Arturo 'Ali' Moreno osaka_ali at protonmail.ch
Wed Apr 22 06:00:41 PDT 2020

Greetings everyone,

I hope that all are well, in good health and thriving these days. At the recommendation of Till Adams, I'd like to make a short announcement and appeal.

Not long ago, I shared some information about the SOLVE TPrize Innovation Challenge sponsored by MIT, Tecnológico de Monterrey and the University of the Andes as well as my own entry, the GeoChiapas project with the OSGeo Board. Fortuitously, the GeoChiapas project is advancing and is slowly beginning to add participants while increasing its activity.

GeoChiapas is a project meant  to expand geographic awareness, accessibility to geospatial tools, and civic engagement opportunities in Chiapas, a state in the south of Mexico. Our special focus is on achieving these goals especially in the population of the educationally disadvantaged and the geospatially illiterate. Our article on the OSGeo wiki can be found [here](https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Mexico-GeoChiapas). Our team is small and we're just beginning, so this offers a particular opening: it is a great chance to get involved as well as to direct the project to the best way forward.

In this spirit, we solicit your support and active participation in two distinct ways: 1.) as a member of our team, 2.) as a counselor or guide. With respect to 2.) we are open to your ideas, suggestions and opinions regarding the project.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Sincerely,

Arturo Moreno
San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexíco
Cell +52 (967) 152-77-18
wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Mexico-GeoChiapas
Wire: alimoreno
Telegram: Osaka Ali