[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G Europe 2020 - Academic Track still open for submissions!

Marco Minghini marco.minghini86 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 12:32:31 PDT 2020

Dear friends and colleagues,
as you may already know, unfortunately FOSS4G Europe 2020, which was
supposed to happen in Valmiera, Latvia in July 2020, will not take place
due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The conference is postponed to 2021 at the
same venue [1].

However, we decided to keep the call for the Academic Track open because we
would still like to offer the chance to publish academic papers in a
Special Issue of the Baltic Journal of Modern Computing [2]. The journal is
indexed in WOS (Emerging Sources Citation Index) and has been accepted for
inclusion in Scopus. All papers are published under a CC-BY-SA license.

This is also a small token of appreciation to the authors who had already
submitted an abstract to the Academic Track before the conference was
postponed to 2021.

Thus, we invite you all to submit an abstract of between 500 and 1000 words
within the new deadline of *May 15*. The full call for abstracts, including
submission instructions, is still available at [3].

This invitation is open to everyone! Unfortunately, FOSS4G 2020 as well as
other geospatial conferences have been also canceled so this is a great
opportunity for everyone to still be able to publish their research.

NOTE: Although we are very positive about the Special Issue, please note
that it will only take place if the number of abstracts received by May 15
will be high enough. Authors will be immediately informed whether the
Special Issue will take place and invited to submit the full paper to the
journal.

For any further request, please contact me or any of the other Co-Chairs of
the Academic Track (all in cc).

Best regards,
Marco

[1] https://2020.europe.foss4g.org