[OSGeo-Discuss] MapLibre

Luke Seelenbinder luke.seelenbinder at stadiamaps.com
Wed Dec 9 13:36:43 PST 2020

Hi List,

Thanks, Jorge.

> Today, a few community members met to coordinate those initiatives and agreed to use the "MapLibre" name as the Github and NPM namespaces to host the library's future development.

I'm one of the people that's been working especially to coordinate a unified community response, and as such, I have had cursory discussions regarding this with Tom Chadwin, Tom Kralidis, and Angelos Tzotsos; I'm also aware of other people who have discussed this with OSGeo via other channels.

I'm happy to answer any additional questions anyone on the list might have, as I'm sure any of the other community members would, as well.

From initial discussions, we would like to see how we can proceed to a possible incubation and eventual community project status, but for now we're excited to have a clear path forward and are looking to support open source for web mapping in the future.

Also, glad to be a member of the list, now!

Best,
Luke

—
Luke Seelenbinder