[OSGeo-Discuss] License for documentation

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 12:43:29 PST 2020

In general osgeo recommends use of Creative Commons license for
documentation, in order afford writers the same "remix" culture we enjoy in
our open source projects. The alternative is of course the writing practice
of "quoting" and "citation" but does does not provide the same ability to
format shift and otherwise enjoy playing with words.

As example GeoTools license page:
https://docs.geotools.org/latest/userguide/welcome/license.html

It is a pain when folks try and use open source licenses to cover
documentation as it does not really fit :)
--
Jody Garnett