[OSGeo-Discuss] New OSGeo President and Executive Positions were named by OSGeo Board of Directors (2019-12-30)

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Sat Jan 4 05:35:18 PST 2020

See OSGeo Foundation News:
https://www.osgeo.org/foundation-news/new-osgeo-president-and-executive-positions-were-named-by-osgeo-board-of-directors-2019-12-30/

Dear OSGeo Community,

at the last board meeting the new elected OSGeo Board 2019 appointed the
Executive Positions for OSGeo.

At our last board meeting (2019-12-30) the new elected OSGeo Board
appointed the Executive Positions for OSGeo. We had a very productive
discussion and appointed the positions with full consensus.

The OSGeo Board is pleased to announce the following executive positions
[1]

Executive
   President: Angelos Tzotsos
   Vice-President: Vicky Vergara
   Vice-President: Helena Mitasova
   Vice-President: Victoria Rautenbach
   Vice-President: Codrina Maria Ilie
   Treasurer: Michael Smith
   Secretary: Astrid Emde

Board
  Chair: Till Adams

We are pleased to welcome the new OSGeo President Angelos Tzotsos.
Angelos is well known in the community and active in many projects. He
is part of the OSGeo Board since 2016 and he served as OSGeo
Vice-President since 2018. His leadership will be an asset going forward
with OSGeo.

We decided to accompany the OSGeo President with four Vice-Presidents to
share all the commitments an OSGeo President has to satisfy and
represent OSGeo at events all over the world; we therefore also welcome
Helena Mitasova, Vicky Vergara, Victoria Rautenbach and Codrina Maria
Ilie as Vice-Presidents of OSGeo.

The Board would like to thank Michael Smith for again volunteering for
the role of OSGeo treasurer for another year and continuing to help
OSGeo with financial matters.

The Board would also like to thank Astrid Emde for again volunteering
for the role of OSGeo Secretary.

Till Adams volunteered to act as Chair of the Board. This is a
non-executive position helping the board follow up on decisions,
schedule meetings and keeping the board on track.

Please read the OSGeo bylaws to find out more about the Executive
Positions [2]

We would like to take the opportunity to thank the past members of the
OSGeo Board who all have contributed their time and efforts to help
build up this amazing community.

We are looking forward to a great year 2020 for OSGeo and our Community
and wish you all the best!

Best regards

OSGeo Board of Directors

[1] https://www.osgeo.org/about/board/