[OSGeo-Discuss] Geospatial Sensing Conference 2020 - Call for Abstracts

Ann Hitchcock a.hitchcock at 52north.org
Thu Mar 19 08:57:44 PDT 2020

Dear List,

We realize that many are currently in the process of cancelling
participation in events or are in the process of cancelling events
themselves. Despite the current uncertainty, we hope that the Corona
Virus situation will have developed to a point that we will be able to
hold our conference in Münster at the end of August. If this is not
possible, we are planning to hold it as a Web Conference. The 52°North
Open Innovation Network now publishes the Call for Abstracts based on
this decision.

Geospatial Sensing 2020 - From Sensing to Understanding our World

Earth observation networks, e.g. in-situ sensors and remote sensing
systems, deliver a multitude of data capturing the state of our
environment. These data sets are highly valued by scientists and
stakeholders from a variety of domains and backgrounds such as
hydrology, marine sciences, traffic management, environmental
monitoring, energy supply or smart city systems. An active research and
development community works on new approaches to share, manage,
discover, analyze, and visualize geospatial sensor data. The Geospatial
Sensing Conference provides a platform for scientists, developers and
users to examine current challenges, present best practices and discuss
future developments.

The conference takes place August 31 – September 2, 2020 in Münster
(Germany).  Our focus ‘From Sensing to Understanding our World’ includes
sensor data interpretation, analysis and visualization, tools and
infrastructures for sharing geospatial sensor data, and novel sensor
platforms. Join us to discover, exchange ideas about, and discuss new
developments, emerging technologies, as well as ongoing research
activities in the field of geospatial sensing.

The 52°North Open Innovation Network invites researchers, software
developers and practitioners to submit abstracts as presentation
proposals. This year’s program includes an EDC Forum session, which
particularly invites members of Esri’s EDC community to present and
discuss their work in the field of Geospatial Sensing.

Download the full Call for Abstracts here:
https://52north.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/GeospatialSensing2020_Call.pdf

Please stay tuned for more information.

Best regards,

Ann Hitchcock (GS Conference 2020 Team)

--
Ann Hitchcock
52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
E-Mail:a.hitchcock at 52north.org
Fon: +49-(0)-251–396371-21
Fax: +49-(0)-251–396371-11
http://52north.org/
Twitter: @FiveTwoN
General Managers:
Prof. Dr. Albert Remke, Prof. Dr. Andreas Wytzisk-Arens
Local Court Muenster HRB 10849