[OSGeo-Discuss] Can someone test a program with point clouds?

Pierre Abbat phma at bezitopo.org
Sat May 2 20:21:33 PDT 2020

I'm in Georgia visiting another surveyor, who asked me to write the program to
begin with, and got it running on his NUC in such a way that he can try
different versions if I tell him the commands to run. It's running on a full-
size (56 million) point cloud, which may be too big for this NUC's RAM. I've
found a few problems:

* The NUC has Wayland. I've never run it on Wayland before, the pulldown menus
are lower than they should be, it outputs Wayland errors, and when I hit a key
to stop the screen saver, PerfectTIN crashed. "The Wayland connection broke.
Did the Wayland compositor die?"

* When I tried to restart it from the checkpoint file, it said it was corrupt,
and some menu items remained grayed out even when I cleared it.

* It got stuck for a long time with eleven big triangles all sharing a common
corner. This is an old problem, I know what's going on, and I'm going to add a
button as a workaround.

Pierre
--
li ze te'a ci vu'u ci bi'e te'a mu du